Stainless Steel as the normal material of 3D printing is commonly used in the direct metal laser sintering (DMLS) or selective laser sintering (SLM) process. The most commonly used stainless steels are 17-4ph and 316L. The stainless steel 3D printing service is a common used metal 3D printing solution in Kesu Group.
Upload your STL files and 2D drawing, as well as the detail of material, quantity and finish. Our Sales will contact you at once.
Technical Parameters of Metal 3D printing
1. The maximum printing size of metal 3d printer: 280x280x350mm;
2. 3D printing layer thickness: 0.02mm~0.04mm;
3. The achievable accuracy of 3D printing: typical accuracy: ±0.02-0.05 mm (Accuracy is related to geometry. It varies according to product size, printing direction, materials and post-processing methods.);
4. Post-processing: high temperature annealing, polishing, welding and other processing;
5. Available Materials: Stainless Steel (316L, 17-4ph)
At present, there are three main types of stainless steel used in metal 3D printing: austenitic stainless steel 316L, martensitic stainless steel 15-5PH, and martensitic stainless steel 17-4PH.
a. Austenitic stainless steel 316L, which has high strength and corrosion resistance, can drop to low temperature in a wide temperature range. Austenitic stainless steel 316L can be used in aerospace, petrochemical and other engineering applications, and can also be used in food processing and medical fields.
b. Martensitic stainless steel 15-5PH, also known as maraging (precipitation hardening) stainless steel, which has high strength, good toughness, corrosion resistance, and can be further hardened, it is ferrite-free. At present, SS15-5PH is widely used in aerospace, petrochemical, chemical, food processing, paper-making and metal processing industries.
c. The martensitic stainless steel 17-4PH still has high strength and high toughness at 315℃, and has super corrosion resistance. It can bring excellent ductility with the laser processing state.